GOOD START TRUST INTERIM REPORT APRIL 2021
1. Covid 19: The 2021 school year started 3 weeks later than expected on 25 January, with learners only returning to school on 15 February, due to Government Covid regulations, and changing the organisation of school terms. To date, government schools continue this year to have only half sized classes attending each day, to ensure social distancing.
2. The Breakfast Club has continued to operate adhering to Covid appropriate Health and Safety protocols at two inner city schools: Good Hope Seminary Junior School and St Mary’s Primary School. A Memorandum of Agreement, drawn up under the guidance of Michael Bagraim, Labour Lawyer, will clarify terms of employment of those helpers paid by The Breakfast Club.
3. We are very grateful that The Smart Club has been able to start up again at both the above schools, due to a welcome injection of funding.
4. Our accounts are in the process of being audited again pro bono by L Rubin and Company, for which we are deeply thankful.
5. Our application to be granted Non Profit Organisation (NPO) status was resubmitted in February 2021, and we have had official confirmation that it is being considered.
6. We are delighted by the revamp of our website, www.goodstart.org.za. Social Happiness Media Design Ltd, will continue to maintain and develop the website.